Spring Break is often a time for travel for most families. Some go to Europe, Florida, California. However, sometimes people tend to sit at home on their break with nothing to do. While this may sound very boring, there is plenty of fun awaiting here in Des Moines.
- March 9th All-State Cheerleading Performance at Wells Fargo Arena. The time is TBA. Located at 233 Center St. Des Moines, IA 50309.
- March 9th-11th Broadway’s CHICAGO will be at the Des Moines Civic Center. Showtimes are 7:30 P.M. March 9th, 2:00 P.M. and 7:30 P.M. March 10th, and 1:00 P.M. and 6:30 P.M. March 11th. Located at 221 Walnut St. Des Moines, IA 50309
- March 10th Pancake Breakfast at the Grace United Methodist Hope Church. Lasting from 8:30 A.M. to 12:30 P.M. $10 per adult and $5 per child with all proceeds going to low income children and families. Located at 3700 Cottage Grove Ave. Des Moines, IA 50311.
- March 12th Yoga Under the Stars at the Science Center of Iowa. Classes are from 5:30-6:30 P.M. $10 per class. Located at 401 W Martin Luther King Jr. Pkwy, Des Moines, IA 50309.
- March 17th Free Pancake Breakfast at the Iowa Arboretum from 9 A.M. to 12 P.M. Located at 1875 Peach Ave. Madrid, IA 50156
- March 17th The St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Downtown Des Moines. Beginning at 15th St. and Mulberry St., heading north to Grand Ave. and then going east to 8th St.